Official Warning:
TTC is a turbulent, high stress adventure ride
with sharp turns, sudden drops and unexpected roadblocks.
To Ride, you must have a strong heart, boundless courage,
and meet all age requirements.
For your safety and emotional comfort please be in good health,
nurture your marriage and prepare for unanticipated infertility.
Today we buckled in for another roller coaster ride. This time at the RE. Dr. N was very nice, honest and thorough.
The beginning of the ride is always the easiest. The good news is that our SA results are not all doom and gloom. There is hope, and we have options. DH had blood drawn for hormone levels and chromosome testing. He has a followup SA scheduled for Monday, to see if the results are any different.
The first sharp turn was concern about my recurring night sweats. For years doctors have dismissed my concerns and have told me it's nothing to worry about. The RE is a bit worried about the sweating as well as the early spotting in my cycle. Both indicate possible progesterone problems (which GYN didn't feel the need to test). Despite GYN's opinion, I'd planned to have the CD21 b/w, but lost track of my cycle and missed it. I thought it was next week, but it was last Monday. I'm an Idiot.
My HSG was not as good as previously explained. My stomach rose to my throat, as the roller coaster suddenly dropped and we plunged quickly. Just when I'd gotten used to our MFI diagnosis, the ride shifts. The tilt in my uterus is more acute than I'd been told (this will make any future IVF difficult...or worse...) They barely got enough dye into my left tube to determine it is clear, and the right tube is a question mark. Not "two clear tubes" as I'd been told.
We sped into the station with a new batch of tests, treatment pricing and success rates. Wind-whipped and gasping to catch our breaths, we left stunned with new information.
In 3 weeks our we'll embark on the next ride. We'll meet with Dr N to look at the bigger picture of our latest results.
No comments:
Post a Comment