About the name of the blog: "Forever and a Day" has a dual meaning for me - it was part of a reading at our wedding, so it signifies our life together...
Perfect Lovesong by The Divine Comedy:
"Give me your love
and I'll give you the perfect love song
Give me your word that you'll be true
to me always, come what may
Forever and a Day
...We'll hold on to each other
'til we're old and gray."
...It also represents our frustration TTC. For me, it feels like we've been trying for forever and a day.
We've been TTC for 13 months. IRL, we don't share our TTC troubles with many people. My hairdresser knows (her son is a Clomid baby). A few of my friends know, but not the gory details. My mother is vaguely aware, but she's consumed by the anticipation of welcoming her first grandchild in October. My sister knows too; she's expecting said grandchild, and got PG on her first try...not her first month - Her.First.Try.
DH and I are not people who rush into things - we were together for 10 years before getting married. We planned the date we'd start TTC - nine months beforehand.
My sister visited some friends and their new baby, and decided she wanted one. When she got home, she and her DH had unprotected sex once. Once. And then decided they weren't really ready. But - Immediate Success. She's like my mom - Mom has 3 children. Two of us were a result of failed birth control. I was a condom baby; my brother was a diaphram baby. And my sister, the only planned sibling, is as fertile as her mother. We were all born 4 year apart; we were all born in March; our names all begin with the letter "J." My brother and I got Mom's nose...my sister got her uterus.
So, enough Bitter for today. Where are we now?
Lucky #13. This month is IF Testing Month. No TTC for us. I've had bloodwork, an ultrasound, an HSG and have more bloodwork planned. DH has a semen analysis next week too. So far my tubes and uterus are fine. Clear tubes and one small fibroid (but nothing to worry about.) We'll hear about b/w on Monday.
I think the HSG has screwed with my cycle. I usually O on CD11, but I'm not sure that happened. The predictability of my cycle hasn't helped in the past, maybe unpredictability will be the magic bullet.
No comments:
Post a Comment