Sunday, July 6, 2008

Peace

For the first time in a while, I feel peaceful.  

My HSG last Wednesday seemed to snap my sadness.  Something about having my cervix pried open shocked my tears away.  Since January, every doctor's appointment has brought a flood of tears.  Every pregnant lady I've seen has stabbed at my heart.  Yet after the HSG and results from my ultrasound, I feel peaceful.  

I am relieved that my tubes are clear and my uterus appears hospitable.  I'd worried that the surgery I had in college to remove an ovarian cyst had left my tubes scarred (or that the doctor had accidentally severed them).  I'd feared that I was riddled with fibroids, like most of the women in my family.  I dreaded that tests would determine I would need a hysterectomy - my mother, my aunt and my grandmothers had the surgery.  I am relieved that for now I don't need to be spayed.

I left the appointment with a sense of hope.  Knowing that this is a throw away cycle helps too.  No need to dread FP - I have accepted that there will be no BFP this month, and feel no anticipation.  

I decided that I need to focus on other things in life, and not let TTC consume my thoughts.  This month of freedom has given me that.  I bought a sketch pad and some water colors on my way home from the hospital.  I started running again, and even picked a 5K road race as a goal in August.

This feels better than the despair I've been carrying for months.   I hope it lasts.


No comments: