Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10/22/08

My niece was born today.  The name is no longer a state secret - Neve - 7lbs 15oz.  

I didn't get to speak to my sister, because she was in recovery.  She needed some followup surgery.  Apparently babies born with long fingernails can do a lot of damage in the birth canal - she needed more stitches inside.  Ouch.

I'm really happy for them.  But still having a really hard time with this.  I sent an email to DH after I got the call - "Baby is here."  He was really sweet and called to ask how I was doing.  

Not fabulous.

I am a terrible person.  The happiest day of my sister's life, and I cried for myself.  Couldn't wait to get home to start drinking.

...at least that's going well...

As my sister gets ready to bring her new bouncing baby girl home, I get ready for my period to arrive.  

Need to let go of the negativity before my IVF cycle begins.

No comments: