Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Battling the Blues

The stress of TTC for over a year, the shock of our IF diagnosis, the strain of trying to act normal in public...It all builds and weighs down on your heart and your mind.  

It's difficult to smile when you don't mean it, get out of bed when you'd rather sleep all day, and function when you feel like laying down where you stand to let the universe reabsorb you.

I cannot continue to exist this way.  Well, I CAN, but I don't want to continue carry the burden of my misery with me every day.  We've had a few weeks' break between RE appointments, so I've tried to push TTC to the back of my mind.  I'm making an effort to take better care of my body, mind and spirit.

Here's what I've come up with so far:   (a = completed)
a Join a running club
Call a new friend and make plans
 -  Check in with friends I haven't spoken to in a while
      a BFF from high school
      a BFF from college
       -   former coworkers
 -  Meet new people
 -  Go back to my knitting group
a Painting (badly)
a Drawing (badly)
 -  Spend more time reading
 -  Sit outside and enjoy the patio
 -  Spend more time gardening
 -  Get a mani pedi

It's a small start, but I'm trying. 

1 comment:

Echloe said...

Sounds like you've got a great plan set in place to beat the blues. My husband suggested that I return to knitting group too. I kind of gave it up because I've been uber consumed with IF stuff. Knitting definitely soothes me. I hope it helps you too. That or the mani/pedi, running, and catching up with friends. Feel Better!